Wednesday 15 January 2014

Mic Check

The life of an independent music artist and DJ. Where do I begin?

Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are great, but I have been looking for another way to maybe more effectively relate with people out there when it just comes to expressing what happens in my daily life as a music artist, DJ, activist, student, even as a gamer, but more importantly as a human being.

Last night I was up until 3 AM trying to decode and understand how to use Reason as a tool to produce music. I found this interesting video that this guy, probably also a small music producer like myself, either created or learned from somewhere how to create a crunchy 8-bit synth. I was drawn to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOwKgVrYHUA

Filled with excitement, I may repeat last night, learning youtube videos how people create these interesting synths and sounds.

Caught in between EDM (Electronic Dance Music for those who may not know), Hip-Hop, Heavy Metal, Punk, Jazz, World music etc... I'm attempting to experiment with a lot of different sounds and trying to incorporate many of them together. Who knows where the hell this will take me, but it should be an amazingly fulfilling journey while I try to balance out my personal, social, professional and musical live [and health :) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment